Thursday 10 September 2015

How I understood the importance of Internship

I am a person who belongs to the party now and work late category. Though I keep my work updated, I usually don’t focus much on what’s next. My first year in graduation was totally about partying and hanging out with friends. I have always managed to score average marks and was satisfied with them. But, when the second year started, things changed and it became difficult to obtain even the passing score. I started to work hard and dedicated my days and nights toward studies. By the time my second year ended, I figured out ways to manage my life and studies. I was happy with my increased scores and the faith that teachers started to place in me. Things were going smooth and my party life was back on track as well.

Everything was more than fine and it was simply perfect. Until one day, when a good friend of mine and also a junior told me that he joined an Internship Program with a company and had been there as an intern since the last summer break. We had a complete two hour discussion. He told me about the projects he did and the skills he learnt and I realised how much I was lacking behind. I have heard about the internships, but never gave a thought about it. It was at this point that I realised that although I was senior to him in college, it was totally opposite in terms of respect to knowledge. He already knew what we were supposed to learn in this year. He told me about that Internship Program and that I could still apply for an internship. I decided that I will find one for myself as soon as possible.

That day, as soon as I reached home I browsed for Internships and came across this website, MakeIntern. I was surprised to know that there were so many companies who had posted for Internship Program. I was awe struck on seeing that there were so many senior students from various colleges including mine, who had been placed in the same companies where they joined as interns. This inspired me and made me more eager to do an internship. I got an internship in a MNC. I had learned more than I deserved by the time I graduated. And to be honest, this really helped me grow and know my worth. Though I was way behind but they say that it is never too late. And I hope you learn from my mistake and get yourself an internship soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment